Take my advice and make these ASAP. These are a healthy vegan version of a brownie and it’s delicious! Your non vegan loved ones will never believe that they are made of black beans! For an even more decadent treat, slather that baby with your favorite nut butter- I’ve been loving mine with Georgia Grinders Cashew Butter 😍 Another thing I added to the batter is CBD Oil. I’m sure that you’ve seen or heard a lot about CBD oil lately and might be wondering what the heck it is or what it does. CBD is one of the roughly 100 compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. Unlike THC, CBD will not get you high. CBD has been found to have many benefits and applications, including:
- Pain relief
- A great beauty ingredient, due in part to its anti-inflammation properties
- Anti-inflammatory — redness, swelling, pain
- Moisturizing — skin irritation, sunburn, skin conditions, flakiness, acne
- Reduction in anxiety and stress
- Migraine relief
The specific one I used for this recipe was the Irie Lifeline Blend but please do your own research to see if this is a product you want to use for yourself and which one. There are a LOT of options and I encourage you to do your own research.
Now on to the recipe!
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used the Trader Joe brand)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 flax eggs ( 2 tbsp of flax meal + 6 tbsp of water mixed)
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 tbsp of Moodbeli Mushroom Adaptogen (optional) – I add this to everything!
- walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Add all ingredients ingredients except the walnuts (if you’re using them) to a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 9×9 baking dish
- Top with walnuts if using
- Bake for 40 minutes
- Let cool ( or not, go ahead and be a rebel but make sure to blow on it so you at least don’t burn yourself!)
- Enjoy by itself or live your best life and slather with your favorite nut butter.
Et voila! That’s it! Let me know if you make this recipe!