Did you know that Ratatouille is a super simple but super delicious french recipe and not just the name of the Pixar movie? If not, it’s your lucky day! This is such an easy recipe and I feel like everyone, meat or non meat eaters alike will enjoy!
I was first introduced to this recipe by my french husband (oui oui!) and it’s been one of my favorite recipes to make and eat ever since. For this recipe, I paired it with cilantro cauliflower rice but you can eat it by itself, with a baguette, with quinoa, with rice, whatever you prefer!
Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, peeled and diced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 5 tomatoes, chopped coarse
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of cauliflower rice (I bought my bag from Trader Joe’s)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over low-medium heat.
- Add the onion, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened.
- Add the peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the zucchinis and eggplant and cook for another 2-3 mins
- Add the tomatoes, stir all the vegetables together. Bring to a gentle boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the skillet and let all the ingredients marinate together for 30 minutes.
- While the ratatouille is cooking, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat
- Add the cauliflower rice and roughly chopped cilantro to the pan, stirring occasionally, let it cook for 5-10 mins
- Sprinkle the ratatouille with salt and pepper. Serve with the cauliflower rice.
Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe! Let me know if you make it, comment or tag me!
Until next time,