Ever since I was a teenager, I’ve always loved taking quizzes. Not quizzes at school but those quizzes that you can find in teen magazines: “What is your aura’s color” or “Where will you meet your true love?”, Don’t even get me started on how much time I can spend on Buzzfeed taking their stupid quizzes now 😐
But there are actual personality tests that I’ve taken as adults like The Myers Briggs personality test that is actually so spot on that it’s scary! (I’m an ESFP!) I’ve also taken the Love Language quiz and found out that my love language is Words of Affirmation which is also spot on!
But I digress. The personality test that I want to write about today is the DISC Assessment. I took this test the first time 2 years ago at a previous job and I took it again recently and still got the same result.
So what is the DISC assessment? According to Disc Profile, “The DiSC profile, published by Wiley, is a non-judgemental tool used for discussion of people’s behavioral differences. The DiSC® model provides a common language that people can use to better understand themselves and adapt their behaviors with others – within a work team, a sales relationship, a leadership position, or other relationships.”
So what does the letters DISC mean? D is for Dominance, I is for Influence, S is for Steadiness and C is for Conscientiousness. I’ve taken this assessment twice and both times got I for Influence.
My result is this in a nutshell:
People with the i style place an emphasis on shaping the environment by influencing or persuading others.
A person with an I style
- may be limited by being impulsive and disorganized and having lack of follow-through
- is described as convincing, magnetic, enthusiastic, warm, trusting and optimistic
- prioritizes taking action, collaboration, and expressing enthusiasm
- is motivated by social recognition, group activities, and relationships
- may fear loss of influence, disapproval and being ignored
- values coaching and counseling, freedom of expression and democratic relationships
- victory with flair
- friendship and happiness
- authority and prestige status symbols
Will need to expend more energy to:
- follow-through completely
- research all the facts
- speak directly and candidly
- stay focused for long periods
Some of those points are SPOT ON. It’s also good to know what I can improve on, like being more organized! Do let me know in the comments if you’ve taken this and what your results were!
Any other personality tests out there that I haven’t taken yet? Let me know because ya know I would want to take it!
Until next time,